This option is currently sold out.
We love antique holy cards, and this one is our all-time favorite. This beautiful Victorian Holy Card was printed by Mr. Philip Kemper of Dayton, Ohio, and distributed millions of copies in 238 languages around the world. He received a personal Papal blessing for helping spread devotion to the Sacred Heart. It is perhaps the most widely printed holy card of the Victorian era, if not of all time.
Just as with the original, we have included the 12 promises of the Sacred Heart given to St. Margaret Mary in a Church-approved vision. It was Mr. Kemper who had first discerned the 12 promises in a close reading of her writings.
We have restored it and reprinted it in holy card size (2.75 x 4.25 inches) and priced it affordably to help you spread devotion to the Sacred Heart!
We currently only offer it in English, but if you wish to submit us text for the front and back in your own language, we can see if the Holy Spirit wants us to print it in more languages.
Here are the 12 promises as printed on the back. Please take a moment to read them.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be
exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in
My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-
powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion
on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final
penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving
their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in
this last moment.
Image Restoration © www.CatholicArtAndJewelry.com